It is easy to remove wax from a candle jar. The steps are as follows:
- Place you candle jar with its remaining wax in the freezer for a few hours. The wax will shrink and separate from the jar's sides.
- Once the jar has frozen, carefully remove the wax out of the jar using a butter knife or spoon. The wax should be removed in one piece or in several sizable portions if possible.
- After removing the wax, clean the jar by wiping out any leftover wax with a paper towel. Leave to warm back up to room temperature before adding hot water and dish soap to the jar and let it soak for a while. Use a scrubbing brush or sponge to get rid of any leftover residue after soaking.
- After the jar has been properly cleaned, rinse it in hot water, then pat it dry with a towel. If there are still a few bits of wax, then use boiling water to sit in the jar for a few minutes.
- Pour some white vinegar into the jar and leave it there for a few hours to get rid of any lingering scent from the candle.