There's nothing quite like a good safety tip, but here we are compiled a list as directed by our supply partners Palm Beach with some of the do's and don'ts around candle operation. This is a big focus of ours considering the consequences if something does go wrong.
If you're looking for more information on burning tips to get the best out of your candle then check out this blog post here.
A candle warning checklist by Palm Beach
- Failure to follow instructions could result in fire, hazard or injury.
- Never leave candle burning unattended or near anything flammable.
- Burn candle away from clothing, children, pets, drafts, vents & ceiling fans.
- Ensure wicks are trimmed & upright. Always trim to 5mm before every burn.
- Untrimmed wicks will cause smoke & soot build up.
- Always burn on a heat proof surface.
- Never extinguish candle with water or the lid.
- Never move or touch a burning candle, glass will be hot.
- Never burn standard & deluxe size candle for more than 3 hours.
- Never burn mini candle for more than 2 hours.
- Always burn for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Stop burning when 10mm of wax is left at the bottom of the glass holder.
- Over burning candle and not trimming the wicks can compromise the candle’s safety.
- Never use candle as a night light.
- Always store candle in a cool, dry place below 25° Celsius and away from direct sunlight.
- Never allow candle flame to come in contact with the side of the glass.